Saturday, November 28, 2009

ReSOUNDing JOY

With Christ in the vessel, we can smile at the storm,
Smile at the storm, smile at the storm.
With Christ in the vessel, we can smile at the storm,
As we go sailing home.

So simple yet powerful! It's message parallels my motto Bible verse from Philippians 4:13 which says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Hence, with Christ in my vessel, I'm sure I'll emerge victorious from my treacherous voyage.

I'm a happy creature, well, I prefer to smile than to mope over things, which, I believe, is due to the very presence of God in my life. There is a difference between JOY and HAPPINESS, from what I've learnt throughout my years in KIDS School. JOY isn't an emotion unlike HAPPINESS, which is temporary, but, it is something profound and keeps you smiling despite fierce storms in life. This JOY that I have is certainly from Him alone. JOY that I have eternal life in God. Makes me want to break out into song!

There is joy, joy, joy, in the presence of the Lord,
Singing hallelujah, amen!
There is joy, joy, joy, in the presence of the Lord,
Singing hallelujah, amen!

Because of this, I choose to stay positive amidst the adversities, be they minor or otherwise. :) And surely, refrain from all sorts of emo-ness! Anyway, why stay emo when you smile out sunshine and.. rainbows(?)


It's exciting how I'm progressing with the bugle! It's the first wind instrument I'm learning to play after the... recorder! But that doesn't count, because I only knew how to play Mary had a Little Lamb in staccatos. Mr. Lt. Wong Chee Khoon, who DIY-learnt to play, is my SIFU. It's pretty interesting to see his face tomato up blowing the bugle. (Forgive me, sir! XP) Today, I was fortunate to be able to be taught by Mr. Eddy Khoo who was a bugler in his long gone BB days. His lungs work like powerful wind generators! I managed to learn note progressions in a breath and tonguing. It's not as easy as it seems - summoning air from your diaphragm, lip control. Wind instruments are a little gross. You can't help but sputter potentially corrosive amylase-filled fluid into the brass body. Percussions are way more sanitised! But I do hope to be able to play several calls for meetings before our term in Primers ends!

*Lights Out Bugle Call* ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails