Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yearns for heaven. Secretly.

Many things occurred this week and I can only exhale loudly and thank God the week is almost over.

I thank God for the CF High Praise last Friday which I rededicated my life again to Jesus. 'Rededicate again' is grammatically wrong because to 'rededicate' is to dedicate again. But in this context, it is correct because I have had my life rededicated to Christ but I strayed away and then, returned. So praise God for that and I pray that transformation of my life will happen daily.

On an impulse, I made Not-So-Sinful Double Chocolate Chip Brownies for school on Monday. They turned out dry because the egg I used was too small.

Chocolate melting over a water bath. YUM.

The Happy Smiling Brownie

After being accepted on board The Voyager as crew, I've been more than ready to get to work even at small tasks like mopping the deck. But now, I'm now the one to take the wheel and steer the ship which will be a challenging task indeed. I foresee storms and huge waves ahead but our ship is strong and with my navigator Weng Hong and his compass, we can sail through! Hopefully I'll do a good job or else there'll be a mutiny on board!

Taking to Sok Wai's example, I resigned from being an exco of the badminton club. What a relief! Friday spelt ill news for me as I was appointed Prayer Director of CF. This was the post (alongside Games Director) which I said 'no' to during the interview. There is no peace in my heart and I know my capabilities. How can I encourage others to pray when my prayer life is lukewarm? Hypocritical. I'd rather not have a post than do something I find no joy in or something I am incapable of.

***

People are complex creatures and I can never understand them. I'm greatly affected by the actions of people around me these past week. People take two stands - tell you that it's good, tell another "It sucks!". Sometimes, people don't pick up the words you say correctly and misintepret it and get all riled up and defensive. And most of the time, I feel like throwing chairs. But all the time, I keep it in. Seethe, seethe. What a bitter person I'm becoming.

Thought: Quitting is losing without trying.


Ten green bottles hanging on the wall,
Ten green bottles hanging on the wall,
And if one green bottle should accidentally fall,
There'll be nine green bottles hanging on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails