Friday, May 8, 2009

ACS and Singing in Harmony


London Bridge is falling down,
Falling down, falling down.
London Bridge is falling down,
My fair lady!

Build it up with silver and gold,
Silver and gold, silver and gold.
Build it up with silver and gold,
My fair lady!

Gold and silver I’ve not got,
I’ve not got, I’ve not got.
Gold and silver I’ve not got,
My fair lady!

No London bridges for me to build anymore. Or even in Australia or New Zealand. No JPA. No cash. :( Lesson learnt: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Off to Form 6!

On a brighter note, I received a letter from the Monbukagakusho scholarship body. So, I'll be heading to KL for the exams. Got to squish a lil' bit of Japanese into my fist-sized brain in the next 2 weeks for added advantage! If that is possible..

Form 6 Orientation has been so far, a great bore. But I must say that ACS teachers are eccentric - not in a negative way, but rather, entertaining. It's really hot here unlike the airy MGS where the buildings are positioned to face the wind. The wind never does seem to blow here. And nothing can ever compare to the wonderful MGS canteen. Also, it feels peculiar to be scrutinized by the prefects when I've been doing that for 4 years! I've already decided what extra-curricular activities to partake in, namely, Boys' Brigade, Badminton Club, Christian Fellowship and the Voyager, but not MADSoc. Sorry, Nigel, you can't persuade me. :) I've barely settled in and I've got responsibilities on my shoulders already! Teachers' Day is on Monday and together with Sum, we're leading a team of organising committee! Two days only. But, the great part is, I CAN SKIP ORIENTATION TOMORROW! We'll be streamed into classes and I do hope to get the first Physics class. Gotta get to work on partial fractions and ionization energy vs. proton number graphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails