Thursday, February 26, 2009

'Tis the Season

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?


The season of farewells is here. I'm kinda slow to speak of this considering the fact that both Miss Jess Loh and Mr. Chin Wai Sam have left. So, I'll say a little of these special people to me, nothing to heart-rending.




It was a great opportunity to be in the same class as Jessica for two consecutive years. We never sat together but we were close enough to chat and gel together. Little did I realise then that this star athlete and I had quite a few things in common, like music. I could never imagine my schooling life without you in it! The good times together. She's a diamond in the rough - one of a kind. She's one of the reasons I go to MYF meetings, and it's pretty lonely if she isn't there. And now that she's in Melbourne, it's quite back here! All the best and I'm sure you'll do great there. I miss you a lot and I really do hope to be around when you get back.






Sam
's the proud Meh Meh nickname-giver and needless to say, the most pro guitarist I've ever met. His actions and words are full of child-like wonder but beneath this veneer is a mature, wise old guy. He influenced my music choice a lot - from a church-music-only to a hardcore Relient K fan. His love and constant craving for Cheezy Wedges never seem to end, and the same goes for guitars. He's a wonderful person to talk to and he comes up with the oddest phrases at times. I'm glad I got to go tripping with you and the rest to Kampar. You're a joy to have around, so, I'll miss you. Enjoy yourself in London with all the soft gigantic potatoes! I hope to fly to UK soon too!






And lastly, the guy who will be leaving for Melbourne on Saturday - Mr. Hugo Chong.








I've never been very close to this happening guy, but this holiday, we hung out together almost everyday. He's the Big Mama of AF3 [to quote KJ], making sure all his chicks attend. I really enjoyed the time when, together with Amelia, we spent almost an hour in his car chatting about Rating and Top Fives. Not to mention, the Kampar eating trips and the Kledang hike - they were awesome. He's a talented sportsman, there is not one sport that he can't play that I know of. It was great partnering him in badminton. It was easy to gel as a team with him and we won so many games. It'll be a long time till I see him again and MYF will certainly be MUCH quieter. Bye in advance! Do well in your final year!



So long! And I'm sure we'll meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails