Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kick Off - 1, 2, 3, 4

Just yesterday, I chopped off my hair at Direct Image (i think) with Chin Hui before tuition. It looked all fine until the girl applied gel and tried to spike my hair to no avail. She has no idea how! I got to wash it off at Florence's place but it was still tercacak tinggi. Mom and Dad.. they think that I look too boyish now. They hate it when I cut my hair so short. But, well, it was 3 bucks.

I left Ranger's meeting early to go for service band practice. All youth band! Sam, Daniel, Shao Wen and I with vocals comprising of Crystal, Sandra and Kirsten. The instruments were relocated back up on the stage, good, but the drums were arranged really uncomfortably and the screen got caught on the bass drum. So, I helped waste lots of time by rearranging the set. We managed to practice all the songs in a short while. During service, I really enjoyed the session. And something else came up..

[QV] says:
geng r today paly drums +p
yi wen says:
no la..
[QV] says:
ppl told me
[QV] says:
=D
[QV] says:
glad to hear tat =D
[QV] says:
SIFU......
yi wen says:
sifu??
[QV] says:
yea
[QV] says:
good le
[QV] says:
so geng d
yi wen says:
im oni noob la
[QV] says:
=D
[QV] says:
no la
[QV] says:
u improve le
[QV] says:
ppl telling me todays service very good
[QV] says:
u played well also =D
yi wen says:
ah..
yi wen says:
long time nvr play d
[QV] says:
nvm good enough la =p
yi wen says:
hehe.. thx
yi wen says:
=)
[QV] says:
=D

I'm pretty happy that Qi Vin said that though he's all the way in Aussieland. Seriously, word does travel fast. Barely 2 hours and my sifu Down Under knows about me playing tonight. Means, add oil! I've just said that I'd retire in July, but, how can I survive without touching my sticks? Then Dad miraculously told me that I can play occasionally even though SPM is nearing.

I thought of getting new sticks. But first, my Vic Firth must die. So, this is the cue to whack harder!

My Maxtone 5A, no brand 20 bucks sticks and Vic Firth.

3 sticks but I only use my my Vic Firth from US from Qi Vin. =)

They are injured already. It's less than a year old. When was the last time Timothy came back from US?

On another matter, I missed the half-colour sports award just because I never went to MSSPK. I did win MSSD and Anderson Open. Sigh. After Hari Anugerah Cemerlang, we got hold of one of the list of prize recipients and wrote down our names for the achievements that we want. I wrote down in the SPM results part:

KEPUTUSAN SPM 2008

11A1

1. LIM YI WEN 11A1 5S2

PELAJAR TERBAIK DALAM MATAPELAJARAN

BAHASA INGGERIS LIM YI WEN

ENGLISH FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY LIM YI WEN

PELAJAR TERBAIK DALAM SPM

LIM YI WEN

Sounds persan right? But these are my ambitions and I'll do whatever it takes to achieve them. Nothing is wrong with having ambitions right? With all that I have written, I hope that they'll be printed in next year's list for real.

That's all for now. I'm going to get french fries from Sam! YUM.

Signing out - HAPPY DRUMMING!

4 comments:

  1. hope ur wish come true..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..u'll be in the newspaper next year around march for getting the top scorer in Perak or Malaysia..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL top scorer? hmm... no chance. more hardworking and smarter ppl than me around..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails